CNC lathes are rapidly replacing the older production lathes (multispindle, etc.) due to their ease of setting, operation, repeatability and accuracy.
Designed to use modern carbide tooling and fully use modern processes.
The part may be designed and the tool paths programmed by the CAD/CAM process or manually by the programmer, and the resulting file uploaded to the machine, and once set and trialled the machine will continue to turn out parts under the occasional supervision of an operator. Kira valves and Engineering has decided to purchase its first CNC lathe in order to keep up with the current technological demand.
With rapid growth in this industry, different CNC lathe manufacturers use different user interfaces which sometimes makes it difficult for operators as they have to be acquainted with them.
- Maximum swing dia. 580 mm.
- Swing over saddle cover dia. 400 mm.
- Max. turning dia. dia. 350 mm.
- Standard turning dia. dia. 254 mm.
- Max. turning length 600 mm.
- Max. workpiece weight 230 kg.
- Chuck size 10”.
- Bar capacity dia. 65 mm.
- Hole through draw tube dia. 66 mm.
- Hole through spindle dia. 76 mm.
- Spindle bearing dia. dia. 120 mm.
- Hydraulic cylinder 10”
- Spindle motor type Fanuc aiP22/6000[AC/Wide-Range/Const. Output]
- Motor output [Cont.] 11 KW.
- Spindle speed range 40-4,000 rpm.
- Spindle full output speed 500 rpm.
- Spindle torque [Peak] 350 N-M.
- Machine weight 4,000 kgs.